Puerto Vallarta home owners are a lucky breed. Not only they have a home in probably the most scenic place in the world but they are sitting on a solid investment. Any real estate in Puerto Vallarta bought at the right time at the right place can bring you windfall gains. Many people invest in a vacation home or a second home for the purpose of price appreciation.
If you have decided to sell off your home so that you can take away the profit then it is the right time to do so. The prices in Puerto Vallarta are at an all-time high. But before listing your home for sale there are few things that should be adhered to so that you can get the best offer your home deserves.
Though there are many steps that one can undertake and each home has its peculiar needs, there are few pointers which are common to all. These are most of the times minor enough to be undertaken without any great expenses but can make a lot of difference while selling.
Here are my top 5 recommendation to impress buyers for your Puerto Vallarta home:
1) Repairs: Most of the times, a home needs minor repairs. While you’re living there or not using it, these repairs can be ignored but when you are showing the home to a buyer then you can’t help but fix them. Home buyers notice each and everything. They undertake rigorous inspection. Small repairs may give an impression that the home may be in need of some major repairs also. This may scare off the buyer or they will offer a lower price. Both are not ideal scenarios.
2) Painting: Before listing your home for sale, touch up your rooms. Take special care of damp areas and the areas where repair has taken place. Paint gives a home a fresh look. Even if you can’t pain the whole house you can surely touch up the areas which require attention.
3) Remove clutter: Clutter can make a home look small or shabby. All you have to do is pick and throw away the clutter that you have been storing for so many years and have no intention of ever using.
4) Depersonalize: When a buyer inspects your home, they try to visualize the home as their home. Personal items such a family pictures on the walls, your home décor collection on the shelf, your kid’s paintings on the refrigerator – all of them can obstruct a potential buyer to imagine the home as theirs. Such personal items should be packed away.
5) Add curb appeal :The exterior of a home is as important if not more important than the interiors of a home. Remember the saying – ‘first impression is the last impression’? Keep your walkways clean. Remove the debris, tend your garden and remove the shrubs. Paint the front door. Clean the dirty spots around the knobs and polish the metal door fixtures. Fix the outdoor lightings. Add some potted plants. And voila you will have great looking home!
All these tips are very minor and do not cost a bomb. As a real estate agent, I have found these to be invaluable. Hope you also find them useful.
About the blogger: Tom Budniak is the owner of PuertoVallartaBestRealEstate.com – Puerto Vallarta #1 real estate agency. He lives and works in Puerto Vallarta. Check his blog Puerto Vallarta News Roundup.